When I started Todoist in 2007, I had no perspective of what I was creating. It was a side project– a simple to-do list app I did for myself to manage my chaotic life. A lot of the first version of Todoist was also made while accompanying my dad on his chemo therapies– it’s not the most inspiring scenario, but it helped me focus on something positive.
From the start, people really liked Todoist. I remember reading Khoi Vinh’s review of Todoist in 2007. I was amazed that somebody like Khoi Vinh, who was the lead designer of New York Times at the time, found Todoist attractive and useful.
Fast forward to today, where around 30 people now work on improving Todoist each and every day. We have hired people from 18 countries and 5 continents. It’s truly a global team that spans many cultures, religions, races and languages. It has been an awesome ride and we think that 2015 will be our best year yet.
We would like to thank you for choosing Todoist and supporting us. Without your support we would not be where we are today.
Some of our most important accomplishments for 2014 include:
- We have helped people complete more than 100 million tasks and over 10 million projects. Helping you achieve your goals is our biggest motivation.
- Our iOS and Android apps have been downloaded millions of times.
- Thousands of companies are using Todoist for Business to make their teams more productive.
- Todoist has been promoted several times by Apple and Google. We were even named one of the best Android apps of 2014 by Google.
- We have been featured by numerous big publications such as Forbes, TechCrunch, New York Times, USA Today, Time Magazine, etc.
We can’t dwell too much on these achievements, though– we are working on making Todoist much better. Here are some of the upcoming launches that we have planned for 2015:
- Todoist 10: We have completely redesigned Todoist for iOS. It features collapsing, inline adding, inline indenting, themes and much more. It will be our biggest release yet for iOS.
- Todoist Material: We have completely reimagined Todoist using Google’s new Material design language. We think Todoist Material will be one of the most beautiful Android apps available on Google Play.
- Todoist for Apple Watch: We already have an amazing Android Wear app. Todoist for Apple Watch will continue this exciting wearable tradition.
- Todoist v6 API and Todoist Protocol: In Q1 of 2015 we are launching a simplified API and an application platform that will enable you to build any app on top of Todoist.
- Todoist Workspaces: Workspaces will make it much easier to use Todoist in larger teams and companies. It will be the perfect companion to our Todoist for Business solution.
Aside from these updates, we plan to roll out hundreds of smaller improvements as we move along throughout the year. Be sure to subscribe to our blog and follow our social networks to stay in the loop.
Thank you for supporting us in 2014– we hope for your continued support in 2015!
Want to see your personal productivity review for 2014?
Click here* to see your very own, personalized productivity infographic with all your most important Todoist stats including: your most productive month, the total number of tasks you completed in 2014, your most productive time of day, where you stand in comparison to all of Todoist’s other users, and more.
Share your achievements with your networks and get prepared to make your New Years resolutions finally stick (try these 5 to kick off the year!). Here’s to a great 2015!
*Please note that you will only be able to view this infographic if you have completed at least 50 tasks in Todoist in 2014. You must also be logged-in to Todoist to view it.